Monday, February 21, 2011

Easy Chocolate Torte

                       

I haven't done any desserts, and some of you have called me out on that. While I like to focus on entrees and vegetables, I can make desserts, though I don't consider it my strong suit.

Our team at work has reached a milestone . In order to reward them, a team lead and I are making some homemade goodies for them. The first is this Chocolate Torte. It's simple to make.

A chocolate base, a dab of raspberry liquor and the whole thing coated in ganache. Should be decadent!

 Torte Ingredients:
6 oz bittersweet chocolate
3/4 cups butter ( 1.5 sticks)
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt





















Microwave the chocolate and butter until the butter is melted.



















Stir until chocolate is melted. 




















Stir in sugar until well blended.



















Mix in eggs and vanilla.



















Add flour and salt; mix well. 



















Pour into greased and floured 9-inch round cake pan.



















BAKE at 350f for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs.  DO NOT OVERBAKE. Cool in pan 5 minutes; remove from  pan.  Cool completely on wire rack.




















I took off the uneven edge. Brush it off, And then brushed with raspberry liquor.






















For the Ganache:
8 oz bittersweet chocolate - I'm using chips, but if you use 1 oz squares, cut it into small pieces
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tbs unsalted butter





















Directions:
Put the chocolate in medium steel bowl, set aside




















Heat the butter and cream in medium sized saucepan over medium heat



















Bring to a boil and pour the cream butter mixture over the chocolate



















Allow to stand for 5 minutes then whisk until smooth




















Pour ganache over the center of the torte and use a cake spatula to spread to the edges



















Hint:
Put the torte over a cooling rack and over a half sheetpan  that's been lined with parchment paper to make cleanup easier.

I hope they like it!





















Until next time, Eat Well & Keep Digging



The Gastronomic Gardener
Garden blog http://amidwestgarden.blogspot.com/
Cooking blog http://ihopeyouarehungry.blogspot.com/
Twitter - www.twitter.com/DavidPOffutt
http://www.facebook.com/TheGastronomicGardener

4 comments:

  1. Springform pan, I assume? Looks absolutely wonderful! Lucky team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Lisa, it is a springform pan but a regular 9" pan could be used as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish MY boss would make me a cake...but I think it is most unlikely! :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...