Sunday, July 18, 2010

Big Sunday Breakfast

Maybe there are people who are not fans of a nice sunday breakfast. But the trinity of meat, potatoes and eggs, is holy in its own right.

I prefer to bake bacon in the oven - less shrinkage and curling combined with consistant results and less fat as it drops away, make this my method of choice. This is lovely bacon, thick and lean.  The cookie rack really helps drain the fat.
Potatoes sliced on the mandolin. This is a cheap version but it works. Always use the food guard. It is wicked sharp.
I am more and more a fan of cast iron. First the skillet, then the dutch oven, now the grill plate. I had an aluminum one earlier. There is no comparison!
Finally done, I seem to have forgotten a napkin.

Eat well!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...