Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Bone-in Ribeye in cast iron skillet

 Salad? Who am I kidding?

I'll be honest, I'm not the best at grilling steaks on the BBQ. Some times I nail it, others times, I miss completely. I think it is the open flame that causes me consternation. So I was looking for a method that I would not ruin this gorgeous bone-in ribeye.



















Brush with a little oil.

Salt and pepper.
 
Preheat both the grill and the cast iron pan for about 10 minutes on high. Get it good and smoking hot.
 
Flop in your steak. Don't touch it for a couple minutes.
 
After 2 minutes flip it.
 
After another 2 minutes, add a pat of butter and move to grill. Careful! It's very hot  and heavy.
 
Cook until 125F for medium rare. Remove and tent loosely for about 5 minutes.

 
Slice and serve, while I could have eaten the whole thing I split it with my wife and even have a little left over for lunch!
 
 Eat well!

My garden blog   http://amidwestgarden.blogspot.com/
My cooking blog   http://ihopeyouarehungry.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...