Friday, July 2, 2010

Steak in a flash

With the cooler weather we've had, meat on the grill has sounded more appealing. I think a ribeye is the best steak there is. Just my opinion.

Let's make one on the grill.

Start with the best steak you can. This really goes for any cooking. Always buy the best ingredients you can afford, you and your guests will appreciate it in the long run.

Let the steak come up to room temperature.

While it came up to temperature, I sliced some vegetables to saute, red onion, mushroom, and red pepper.



















Season the steak, it can be as simple as salt and pepper, or you can use a rub, use your imagination.



















Prep the grill. I turn both sides up to high and after 5-10 minutes I scrape it down, then oil it. That is probably the singularly best advice I ever got about grilling.

While the grill was heating up, I started the vegetables.

Someone asked why I use the cast iron. Simply put, I want something that I won't have to replace every few years.

Next the steak hits the grill, - 7 minutes a side, moving every 3.5 minutes



















Take it off and let it rest.
Slice it up, top it off with the vegetables from the pan, some sliced tomato, and slaw. It was damn tasty.
 

Eat Well!


My garden blog http://amidwestgarden.blogspot.com/
My cooking blog  http://ihopeyouarehungry.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...